Chevrolet has so far manufactured a number of vehicles in which their pickup trucks whether it’s mid-size or full-size; they have got enough appreciation in the market from its users. Therefore in order to enhance the level of customer satisfaction and also to increase the customer fan base, Chevrolet has once again decided to launch their next model as the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500: New Features and Changes
The makers have also seen testing this pickup truck and the spy shots also suggest that Chevrolet is working on something big and mighty. According to the spy shots, it can be said that this vehicle will have outstanding features both in its interior and exterior, but it is also evident that whether this vehicle will be launched or not.
There are number of features given by the makers, and they are:
- Chevrolet has added two different and latest colors for its exterior body, and they are Pepperdust Metallic and Graphite Metallic.
- This would probably be the first vehicle in its segment that will be launched with Teen Driver mode.
- Chevy has also added Capless fuel fill.
- Most interestingly, the buyers of this vehicle will get Low-Speed Mitigation Braking System in order to enhance riding prospect, and the feature has been added to the Driver Alert Package.
- The alloy wheels of this vehicle will be covered with new tires, and they are P265/65R18 all-weather blackwall
- The seats have been offered with heating and ventilation system.
- For the entertainment of the passengers the makers have also included Android Auto.
- In its inner cabin, the makers have used Jet Black Medium Ash Gray accent.
- For better security prospect the makers have also used rear view camera.
Power and Handling
The carmaker is known for its great power given under the hood of their vehicle. The powertrain configuration of 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 goes like this:
- Chevrolet has decided to power this vehicle with three different engine variant in which the first one will be 6.2-liters V8 L86 engine generating 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque
- Another engine variant given to this vehicle will be 5.3-liters V8 L83 engine, and it can deliver an output of 355 HP and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- Third engine variant will be 4.3-liters V6 LV3 engine, and it will produce 285 HP and 305 lb-ft of torque
- Makers will offer two different type of transmission for this vehicle, and they will be HydraMatic 8L90 8-speed auto transmission and HydraMatic 6L80 6-speed auto transmission.
- Sources say that it will be having EPA ratings of 18 mpg in cities and 24 miles per gallon on highways.
- 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 will provide a top speed of 100 mph, and it can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 5.7 seconds.
- Talking about its towing capacity then this vehicle will be having a towing capacity of 6,900 lbs.
Competitors, Price and Release
The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 will be competing with Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra, RAM 1500 and Ford F-150. It is speculated that the price of this vehicle will range between $35,000 and $45,000, and it will be released in the 4th quarter of 2017. However, there is no official declaration from the makers’ end, so the buyers willing to buy this have to wait till the final declaration.