The stage was set long time for the Silverado to make a comeback. Finally, the amazing high-performance 2017 Chevy Silverado SS arrives in the coming months. Sufficient information about this revised model is scarce but according to the latest rumors, it could support a sporty design and good technological tweaks.
2017 Chevy Silverado SS: Engine Specifications
- The unfortunate thing is that no specific details are yet available about the power train. Its automakers are maintaining utmost secrecy about their new model. But the word which is going around say it will comprise of two powertrain
- The first is a 6.2-liter V8 engine with the ability to crank up 460 lb-ft of torque and 450 HP. Believe is also that this engine will be mated with a top notch 8-speed auto transmission feature hosting rear wheel driving configuration.
- The next option is a V8 engine with the ability to crank up 345 lb-ft of torque and 380 HP of power. It will be paired with an eight-speed auto transmission system too.
- Acceleration for the second engine is believed to be 0-60 mph in 6 seconds.
- Fuel economy is believed to be 16 mpg in the city and 23mpg on freeways.
Both engine options are believed to give out excellent fuel economy and suffice needs of its users. However, this 2017 Chevy Silverado SS is still in its testing phase, and so changes can be expected under its hood.
Exterior and Interior Changes
The 2017 Chevy Silverado SS will be engineered on the same platform at the regular model. It is expected to host an enhanced outer body comprising of thick rails upon its cargo cabin. There will be tow hooks in both its fascia and a rear portion, while the front gets new bumpers and top-notch suspension. The truck will also have the best in class exhaust system with an upgraded quad pipe. The rear lights will be revisited along with its bumpers, plus the cargo will be prepared in such a manner that it can be opened and closed both manually as well as electronically. This new truck will be lighter than its predecessor. The body will feature plenty of lightweight carbon fiber and aluminum components.
We can’s say for sure what’s going to be inside of the topping pickup. However, insights stated that the cab has the ability to accommodate 5 passengers. It comprises of appropriate industry features and will definitely give out superior comforts to travelers. Seats of the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado SS will be upholstered with splendid leather components for solace-filled travel. Quality-proven infotainment systems, latest navigation systems, and top notch music systems will also be expected inside the cabin. The door panels are rumored to comprise of rich padding and 3 cup holders will be seen in its cabin console.
Price Range and Arrival
Its price is believed to set around $32,000-$60,000. The 2017 Chevy Silverado SS is set to face competition with the likes of Ford F-150, Toyota Tundra and RAM 1500. The truck is believed to roll out by the end of this year. If not then in the first quarter of 2017 should see its inception.