The 2017 Ford F-150 Tremor is a special edition truck powered by Ford, which is mainly aimed at street truck enthusiasts. F-150 Tremor series was launched in 2014 and immediately it became immensely popular with its powerful drivetrain and awesome features. This new truck is going to have two drivetrains. The overall design will not be altered too much, only a few tweaks will be added. Fans would love the great off-road features that will let the drivers have a new driving experience. Structurally it will be a regular cab with 5.5 ft. bed.
2017 Ford F-150 Tremor: Design Changes and Specs
The 2017 Ford F-150 Tremor is going to get a number of style cues with unique appearance. Appearance is custom inspired and looks remarkable. External dimensions are 213.2 inches long, 79.2 inches width and 74.8 inches height. Wheels are of 20 inches and are crafted out of aluminum alloy. Wheelbase is 125.9 inches long which will make the cabin space quite spacious. Weights would be from 5067-5348 pounds along with 798 pounds payload. Towing capacity would be around 8300 pounds.
- Black hood with black side decals, floor shifter, exhaust tip and black running boards are the basic assemblage.
- Black leather seats with brushed metal trim, and red piping matching red stitches on steering wheel and Alcantara inserts will be present inside F-150 Tremor.
- MyTouch infotainment system will add edge to this truck over its competitors
- Tremor plus Package will be available as an optional choice during purchasing the truck which would include rearview camera, tailgate steps, remote start, navigation system and many more.
- Impressive passenger arrangement with loads of legroom will make long rides comfortable.
Engine and MPG
The 2017 Ford F-150 Tremor is going to carry a very powerful EcoBoost 3.5-liter V6 unit. The new engine is going to have direct fuel injection and twin-turbocharging features. These new setup will powers 365 horses and turn 420 lb-ft mostly available between 1,700-5,000 rpm. Transmission unit which is a six-speed automatic setup is quite intriguing.
Axle ratio on new F-150 Tremor will be 4.10 which come along with electronically locking differential rear. There might be another drivetrain choice which would be a V8 unit of 5.0-liter capacity. This engine would generate 385 HP and 420 lb-ft torque. Fuel economy will be quite high and is estimated to be around 15 mpg on city roads and 21 mpg on highway.
The 2017 Ford F-150 Tremor will have to compete with the heavyweights of the industry and its sure to succeed.
- RAM 1500
- Chevrolet Silverado
- Nissan Titan
- Toyota Tundra
- GMC Sierra
Release and Price
The 2017 Ford F-150 Tremor will be more expensive than its predecessors. This truck is currently priced at $47,000 for its RWD versions and $54,000 for its AWD versions. Initially manufacturers hinted that they might release new F-150 Tremor early this year, but that hasn’t been the case. Fans are still optimistic about getting a 2016 release. It can be expected that the new F-150 tremor will be released by the end of this year.