Ford is all set to add another amazing pickup to its best-seller F-250 series. The carmaker expects to take on the likes of Ram 2500, Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD and GMC Sierra 2500 HD. Given this, Ford is expected to add modifications to the look of its new 2017 Ford F-250 Diesel, which will get an impressive engine and towing capacity.
2017 Ford F-250 Diesel: Platform and Performance
The pickup will retain its heavy two-bar front grille design and muscular LED headlights. A rear mounted camera will also be available along with an addition of the Lane Departure System.
Expect the wheelbase of the 2017 Ford F-250 Diesel to retain most of its dimensions from its previous model. Wheelbase will be maintained at 142 inches while total width will be around 80 inches. Overall height will be at around 77.9 inches while its ground to top of load floor will be around 36 inches.
The increment in the cargo hold space can be expected. Its cargo box floor length is expected to be over 98.1 inches while its floor width will be over 66.9 inches. The volume will be enhanced and is expected to range more than 78.5 cubic feet. Both configurations of SuperCab and CrewCab will be marketed with varying bed size.
The powertrain of the 2017 Ford F-250 Diesel may come in two trims and may offer towing capacity accordingly. They are:
- A 6.2-liter V-8 engine, which is present in the present version, may find its way into the base model of 2017 F-250. If so, this pickup will develop a power of 385 HP and a torque of 405 lb-ft. The towing capacity is expected to range around 15,000 pounds.
- Higher-end models are speculated to come with a 6.7-liter diesel V-8 power-stroke engine with a power capacity of 440 HP and a torque capacity of a massive 860 lb-ft. With this powertrain, the pickup will be able to tow around 32,500 pounds.
Both versions are expected to be mated with the 6-speed automatic transmission system. Expect a rear-wheel drive layout. No official report on EPA rating are still available, however, expect the figures to improve from its predecessors.
Features and Improvements
Ford is unlikely to make any additions here, but a few technical improvements may be expected. 2017 Ford F-250 Diesel is set to feature:
- An electronic stability system with advanced traction control system. These will keep the pickup stable while rugged-terrain
- Tire pressure and rear trailer monitoring systems that send feedback to the vehicle’s infotainment system.
- Dual stage driver and passenger airbags along with inflatable rear passenger seatbelts.
- Side impact beams and an advanced adaptive cruise control.
Price and Arrival
Expect Ford to roll out its new 2017 F-250 Diesel in the last quarter of 2016 or early 2017. Price may be on the higher side due to its intensive aluminum frame. F-250’s previous version came with a price tag of around $33,700. Expect this one to go up to around the $35,000 mark.