Similar to a cannon ball making a huge splash in a kiddie pool, the Ford F series of super duty trucks made a big impact 18 years ago, forever changing the truck market. Gossips point towards a redesigned Ford F-250 King Ranch coming out next year, and the high point of it features the use of an aluminium body for the first time. Experts on 2017 Ford F 250 King Ranch state: “For a brand which is known for constructing tough automobiles, the inception of aluminium-(a light weight material) only exposes this facelift to criticism.” But interestingly consumers after getting a glimpse of the 2017 Ford F 250 King Ranch hasn’t flinched. Rather they are quite eager to see what Ford rolls out.
2017 Ford F 250 King Ranch:Engine Specifications
Expectations of 2017 Ford F 250 King Ranch is that its automakers will retain its previous model with a few noticeable tweaks here and there. There will be 2 powertrain options.
- Base trims will get a 2.7-liter V6 engine. For larger trims, it will get 4 value power stroke Diesel V8 B20 6.7-liter engine.
- Both two engines will be paired with an auto transmission system. Though it has not been finalised yet and it might change as per the engine.
- There is a distinct possibility that that it might feature a TorqueShift. Though its automakers being tight-lipped there is no surety about its complete capability; sources reveal that the 7-liter powertrain could notch up 1000 lb.ft. The sources also state that it’s power capacity could be around 450 HP.
- Nothing is also specified about all-wheel drive or rear wheel drive, and the same can be said about the fuel economy.
- One will have to wait for its full powertrain specs to come out.
- The 2017 Ford F 250 King Ranch is expected to get noticeable features such as the latest remote tailgate release with superior power locks, upgraded rear and headlights (Quad dual beam halogen). Its lights will include LED box
- A redesigned grille (Chrome 2 bar with Caribou insertion) integrated with Ford logo right in the centre. Its bumper mated with advanced fog lights will also see an upgraded to give it a bolder appearance.
- The entire body will be prepared with military grade aluminium, thus reducing its weight by a whopping 350 pounds. Some eye-catching body lines will also be seen.
- This new model will ride on 18-20 inch aluminium wheels mated with a powerful suspension enabling better road performance.
- It goes without saying that 2017 F 250 King Ranch model will have a comfortable cabin with superior quality leather seats properly spaced.
- A new dashboard is highly possible including a large touch screen controlling various aspects of the vehicle.
- Its instrumental panel will include an 8” productivity screen
- There is also expectation of an ultimate tailor tow camera system incorporating 360-degree camera with back CHMSL camera.
- Latest uniform cooling system which provides equal cooling through the cabin is also expected
- Leaving this aside its base specs remain the same.
Price and Release Date
- Believe is that 2017 Ford F 250 King Ranch will hit showrooms by the end of this year. If it does experience any delays, then its automakers will aim for a launch in the first part of 2017.
- Its price is expected to start from $54,260
Its clash just like all of Ford F-series of trucks is expected to be with Dodge Ram trucks and Chevrolet Silverado HD.