The 2017 Ford F-250 Platinum as per tipsters is looking amazing and consumer friendly specs namely an adaptive steering, remote tailgate release and more. There is a scarcity of information, but it does pay worth to check out whatever has been revealed so far.
One insider quoted- “Ford’s big dogs are not a part of the Aluminati cabal.” The story begins in 2014 when Ford first unwrapped its first aluminium intensive F-150 2015 model at Detroit auto show. Spectators, first left spellbound and speechless slowly in unison whispered to each other- “Looks pretty good, but they will never be able to pull the same light alloy trick with their super duty trucks.” Ford automakers accepted the challenge, and the result was their Ford F-series of trucks. Models were showcased one by one and in all readiness, they are planning to roll the dice again with their 2017 Ford F-250 Platinum model.
2017 Ford F-250 Platinum: Engine Specifications
- Base trims incorporate 6.2 L V8 FFV engine comprising of an electronic engine cooling system. Its shaft drive is ‘silent chain’, bore-4.02”, compression ratio-9:8:1. Its power capacity is 385 HP, and its torque capacity is 430lb-ft
- For higher trims, it is believed to incorporate a diesel based 6.7 Power Stroke V8 Turbo powertrain having configuration of OHV-32 valve with an electronic engine cooling system. Its power capacity may include 440 HP, and its torque reading might be 925lb.ft.
- Its fuel injection high-pressure common-rail and its induction system is believed to be a single turbo sequential turbocharger air cooler.
- Rumours also hold it that higher trims may host an intelligent oil life monitor for their 8 cylinder engine. Compression ratio of higher trims may be 16:2:1, bore-3.90” and camshaft drive push rod
- Towing capacity is still not sure but as per information of all Ford F series of super duty trucks, it is expected to be somewhere around 32,000 pounds.
External and Interior
- 2017 F-250 Platinum will be light weight because of the employment of military grade aluminium. This model is likely to shred down 300 pounds of its trademark load. Its existing grille will see a change in the form of an alluring satin Chrome grille treatment.
- Headlights will come with quad beam LED offering intense brightness, durability and efficiency. Latest fog lights offering stunning lights even in foggy and misty conditions.
- The tow mirrors give out better features as compared to its predecessors. These include power folding as well as power heated glass, LED security lamps a latest auto dimming feature.
- It will roll on an 18-20 inch aluminium wheel with superior suspension for enhanced road grip and performance.
- Apart from these few, rest of the base features will remain untouched.
- 2017 Ford F-250 Platinum will offer lots of space and lots of comfort in its inside. The dashboard will come in a new form, and an advanced infotainment system will be witnessed. The floor covering will be seen in with a new premium black vinyl coating.
- Advanced tachometer, travel odometer and an 8-inch productivity screen will also be included inside the cabin.
- State of the art cabin cooling systems will also be noticed making way for a uniform cooling experience for passengers.
Price and Release Date
The 2017 Ford F-250 Platinum price will start from $62,110 and in terms of its release date, it is scheduled to launch by the end of this year. Its competition includes Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra HD and RAM Heavy Duty.