It is evident that GMC has manufactured a number of powerful pickup trucks, and they are highly appreciated by the buyers also in the industry. But now the company is going to do something new as they have been anticipated that they are working on their future concept model as the 2018 GMC Canyon.
2018 GMC Canyon: Changes and Features
According to some sources, it is suggested that this vehicle will be launched with some standard safety features and the makers have also given some new capabilities to this pickup truck. Although it is not sure that whether GMC will launch this vehicle or not but it is true that the buyers and the riders both will be enthralled.
The makers of the 2018 GMC Canyon are expected to deliver a bold and attractive look to this vehicle, and it will be also be equipped with 20-inch steel rims, and there will be dark painted pouches that will enhance the outlook of this vehicle.
This time, it is also expected to have a drilled-metal look to the refined grille which is much more stylish and elegant. The makers will launch this model in 6 different colors. Designers are also expected to give LED daytime running light along with HID front lights. Apart from all these, there are some other features also like:
- Chrome finished tow hooks
- Reflection hats
- Front and rear bumper
- Firefox accessories
- Spray-in bed lining
It is said that the front fascia of this vehicle has been given a chunkier look. The rear fender will permit exhaust plumbing to protrude. As of now only these information are available regarding this future car.
New Technologies and Powertrain
In the cabin of the GMC Canyon 2018, the makers will have some great features that will allure its buyers. The features are best known for its technological advancements like:
- 4G LTE connectivity
- 8 inch LCD touchscreen
- Smartphone integration
- Illuminated and interactive dashboard
- Temperature sensors
Like its every vehicle, this time also, the makers have given great engine configuration under the hood of 2018 GMC Canyon.
- It is expected that the makers will deliver a 3.6-liter V6 engine, and it will be delivering an output of 350 HP and 269 lb-ft of torque.
- In addition, it is also expected that there will be another engine variant, and it will be the 2.5-liters 4 cylinder V6 engine producing 200 HP and 191 lb-ft of torque.
- Last but not the least there is one more engine expected and it is the 3.6-liters V6 engine generating 305 HP and 269 lb-ft of torque.
- All the engines will be mated with a six-speed automatic transmission.
- EPA rating suggests that it will deliver 17 mpg in cities, 24 mpg on highways and 20 mpg on combined basis with four-wheel-drive.
- With two-wheel-drive, it will be generating 26 miles per gallon on an average.
Price and Availability
The availability of 2018 GMC Canyon is not declared yet by its makers, and the price of this vehicle is expected to be $34,000 for its base model. However, it is not confirmed that whether this vehicle will be launched or not as it is still in concept stage.