Surely, Jeep Wrangler is going to capture its position in the market with its new renovated model. But with the debut of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck, the manufacturer will definitely bring more excitement in the mid-size truck segment. This new model will maintain the image of its SUV predecessor through the same drivetrain, most of the interior/ exterior parts with improved performance.
2018 Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck: Rumors and Features
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck is supposed to have extended in its body-frame. With the long length of the bed, Wrangler pickup will be more stable for on-road performances. Well, this is also capable for off-road adventures with comfortable towing capacity. The buyers are going to enjoy this addition to Jeep lineup with such a spectacular truck that features:
- This will come with noticeable cargo bed that is likely to be made of composites to save weight.
- Rear bumper will be equipped with standard license plate holder at the center with tow hook at down low position.
- With more comfort and refined interior, new Wrangler would offer easy drain plugs in floorboards and removable carpet.
- Its infotainment system will cover Chrysler’s Uconnect System 8.4, the latest version.
- For torsional rigidity, plenty of cross members will be utilized that are constructed of high-strength steel.
- Extensive skid plating is offered for better performance.
- Multi-link coil suspension made from JK will be utilized for better off-road and on-road performances.
The Wrangler Pickup will come with relatively better abilities to perform harsh ride in different road conditions.
Drivetrain Specs and Styling Details
The drivetrain covers the same engine that of its predecessor will likely have updated performance. For 3.6 liters Pentastar V6 engine, it is predicted to have the output power of 300 HP and torque of 270 lb-ft.
In addition, the 3.0 liters EcoDiesel optional engine is going to appear in the pickup version. It has the capability to produce the power of 240 HP and 420 lb-ft. of torque. Well, this will better suit for off-road driving or plan to tow activities. Both engines will be paired with a ZF 8-speed automatic transmission and four wheels drive system. For stronger axles, Wrangler pickup of Rubicon trim will come with electronically locking differentials and have Dana 44s at both ends.
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck will carry some of the similar features with the latest possible updates that include:
- Front grille and bumper
The interesting fact is that all the above parts might be interchangeable.
Price and Rivals
The manufacturer has not yet revealed any information about its price. This mid-size pickup truck is relatively competitive with its indeed great amenities. It is thus expected to have a price that will be slightly higher than Wrangler.
With the level of performance, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck is going to offer enjoyment to all its users. It is expected to compete with some of its closest competitors. The list of its main rival includes:
- Chevrolet Colorado Z71
- Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Although the above speculation for 2018 Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck is quite useful, buyers have to wait for the actual confirmation from its manufacturer.