Diesel fans have definitely something to be thrilled about as new 2017 Chevy Colorado Diesel model is set to roll out. A pickup truck has always been in demand in the US and Chevy powerhouse with their 2017 Colorado facelift is set to carry on this tradition. The promise of ample hauling and towing capacity is made by its automakers. Not to mention an ineffable body structure. So, prospects do seem promising!
2017 Chevy Colorado Diesel: Engine Options and Fule Economy
For the 2017 Colorado Diesel, it will probably host the same engine specs (2.8-liter turbocharged 4 inline power train) as before. However, rumors state that this is the only possible option which will be available for the US market. Its power and torque ability will be around 181 HP and 369 lb-ft.
Some knockers have questioned whether it will be enough to counter models notched up its rivals in the market. But all that was put to rest from its automakers who stated that it was more than enough-“… it is by far the most powerful and efficient engine in its class and will enable this revised Colorado to compete well against its market adversaries.”
The same cannot be said for other markets, though. For example, belief is that the Brazil market will get a 2.5-liter 4 inline petrol engine with the capability of 160 lb-ft and 170 HP or a 3.6-liter V6 powertrain generating 260 lb-ft of torque and 305 HP of power.
Plus, as per market requirements, 2017 Chevy Colorado Diesel can come with either an 8-speed auto gearbox or a 6-speed manual transmission. All-wheel drive or rear wheel drive also holds the same criteria.
Its towing ability is expected to be 7000 pounds.
- 5 L- I4 for (city/highway) – 19/26 mpg (2WD manual), 20/27 mpg (2WD auto) and 19/25 mpg (4WD)
- 8 L I4 for (city/highway) – 18/26 mpg (2WD) and 17/24 mpg (4WD)
- 6 L V6 (city/highway) – 22/31 mpg (2WD) and 21/29 mpg (4WD)
One would have to wait for more information to come out.
Exterior and Interior
- This new model will be constructed on the previous platform concept.
- Some tweaks include upgraded bumpers, new fog lights, aero grille shutters and triple sealed doors for quieter interior and superior aerodynamics.
- The exterior of 2017 Chevy Colorado Diesel will be constructed with the use of lightweight aluminum body and carbon fiber. This will ensure better drivability. New aluminum hood, gripping tires with 17-inch rims attached. Sharp LED burners will also be noticed.
- Numerous color options will be available for this model. They include rainforest Green metallic, Gray metallic, Red rock metallic, Summit white, Cyber Gray metallic and Red hot
Not much information is available for the model as its automakers have camouflaged its prototype effectively. Due to some leaked images, the interior is expected to incorporate best in class features for best in class solace.
- A new rearview camera will be seen. Latest audio systems (brand not known yet) along with crisp display touch screen with infotainment system will also be seen as new upgrades.
- The base trims will host soft clothed seats with while the standard and higher trims will have premium quality leather upholstery for its seats
- The other normal features will also be seen, and that makes the interior package quite enticing.
With more information about its exterior and interior things will become clearer.
Price and Launch Date
The 2017 Chevy Colorado Diesel is set to hit showrooms by the end of this year. If for some reason delays do take place, then the first part of 2017 is expected.
Price is believed to be set $20,000 for base trims and will extend right up to $45,000 for higher trims. Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma are the biggest competitors for 2017.