With an aim to expend the appeal of GMC Canyon All Terrain, its automakers have given out an indication of new enhancements. The 2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain is rumored to be one of the most recommended off-road-capable vehicles for enthusiasts who love to move through unpaved thoroughfares. There are also speculations about this GMC Canyon All Terrain 2017 model undergoing similar mechanical features to that of the Colorado in terms of its engine and its transmission. So let’s check out its wonderful specifications.
2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain- Engine Specifications
- Underneath its hood, 2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain hosts a 2.5-liter inline 4 engine and for its base models and a 6-liter V-6 engine for its high trims.
- In terms of its base engine which can give out 200 HP and around 180 lb.ft of torque. It is extremely efficient and is expected to work well with most basic needs of its users. It is expected to work adequately with a 6- speed auto speed shift transmission.
- On the other hand, the V-6 engine on the higher trims gives out enhanced towing and grunt and functioned with an 8 speed automatic gearbox. It can churn out around 302 HP of power and 270 lb-ft of Torque.
- The towing capacity of this GMC Canyon All Terrain model is about 6,700 pounds and has a hauling capacity of around 1450 pounds.
- The 4 cylinder engine comes with fuel economy of around 19mpg inside the city and 26 mpg in highways (when it is fitted with manual transmission and 2 wheel drive)
- Higher trim V6 engine will give out a fuel economy of around 18 mpg inside the city and 26 on freeways for 2 wheel drive and is expected to be 17 mpg and 24 mpg for all wheel drive.
There hasn’t been any specific information regarding the engine specifications and with passage of time, some changes can also be expected.
Exterior and Interior
The 2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain model comprises of bold radiator grille and rectangular beam headlights with C-shaped advanced LED daytime running lights. Rumors also state pronounced wheel arches and corner step back bumpers to be noticeable upgrades in the new model. The body is said to host an aggressive look and will roll upon 17-inch alloy wheels.
In its fascia, some crisp horizontal set of lines will be noticeable, and its tail is expected to be tidy and rectilinear. As per some leaked images, there is also a hint of an international flair in its sides where its shoulder line sweeps upwards towards the back pillar.
Enthusiasts can expect a ruggedly burly appearance accounting for its high durability and capabilities.
Gossips indicate ample space for storage as well as comfortable travel. The cabin of 2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain is comfortable with new leather seats. Dashboard renovation is a possibility along with an 8-inch infotainment system and an advanced air conditioning system for uniform cooling. Latest rear view cameras, vinyl carpeting, advanced steering wheels and an upgraded lane departure warning system is also said to be its new improvements.
Price, Release and Rivals
The price of this new model is not specifically mentioned, but rumors state that it will be somewhere in the mid to upper $40,000 range after its options. It is expected to hit showrooms by the end of this year. If it gets delayed, then 2017 first part will be its year of launch. The competitors of 2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain include Nissan Frontier, Toyota Tacoma and some variants of the Chevrolet Colorado.